Sunday, June 7, 2009

"coming clean."

getting a haircut has time and time again proven to be a great way to reset myself. i think a lot of people can agree. seeing and feeling centimeters and inches of hair get snipped away not only takes weight off your head, but your mind as well. i got a trim about 30 minutes ago and i already feel better than i did beforehand.

i had ichikawa and lucille's bbq with my parents for dinner the past couple of nights. great times indeed. i'm happy to say that something out of 2009 i can cherish is how i'm spending more time again with my parents. for the past couple of years, i chose to make sharing a meal with my parents a scarce occurrence in response to my desire to live a more social life. silly of me then, but now i've come to realize it all starts with family. i've got the rest of my life to cherish my social life and anyone else that comes into my life, but for now...i'll enjoy my moments with my parents while i still can.

i watched the hangover with dub, mike b, and arthur last night...amazingly hillarious movie, the best i've seen since stepbrothers and i love you, man. 2 hours or so of the greatest laughs ever produced. this has definitely become one of my favorite comedies. if you haven't watched it...you need to. it's good for the soul.

since the beginning of may, i've been discerning medical school. i've dreamed of being a physician ever since i was a kid. i even had a a shirt saying in tagalog "when i grow i'm going to be a doctor." i wanted to practice internal medicine like my dad. alas, i grew up and through life experiences decided on becoming a nurse instead. oddly enough...it is in my clinicals to be a nurse that i have rekindled my desire to be a doctor. there's a lot of sacrifice (financially, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc.) to be made if i'm to pursue this dream. the fact that i'll be in my mid 30's when i finish my residency is a daunting. and i still love nursing and will always love it. i could live the rest of my life overjoyed being a nurse. oh well...i've got a long way to discern and plenty of time to make a choice.

either way...it's going to be dr. john chuatuan, d.n.p. or dr. john lendl chuatuan, m.d.

providing healthcare until death - jl

No comments: