Monday, July 13, 2009

"industry versus inferiority."

the first full week of my summer vacation has arrived.


it comes after an eventful weekend that included the death anniversary of paulo, a reunion with brother eric burke, the baptism of my niece ever marian, and kabalikat society's first annual philippine independence day festival...all of which were amazing times.

and then monday comes along to remind me that the weekend comes only as it implies in its name...at the end of the week. 5 days of what used to be filled with 40 hours of school and about 8 hours of driving is no longer my weekeday reality. it's really some kind of irony...i dreaded my school schedule for the past 18 months but now when i have so much time on my hands, i long for being productive and learning. i need to find things to do now...to make the weekdays worthwhile.

i will not end up a nobody, wasting my life away when the world yearns to be explored, when the community desires service, and loved ones seek affirmation through experiences.

my elevator is only heading up - jl

1 comment:

Wife/Mother/Daughter said...

It's so ironic that you wrote this. I feel the same way... i used to dread the long commute to/from school..NOW.. im dreading having nothing to do. I'm frustrated with time~ when it's "not" on ur side, IT'S EXCITING.lol.

love ya bro!!